Forgot Password? Remember Me

137K props, 10K posts

I've been wondering as I drop in and look at the long list of categories in the forums to see if anyone posted... should I deactivate all the useless ones? Challenges, Crews, Ladies, Fellas, etc., etc.? Should we just keep the relevant few? Or do you like having the list around to read old posts? Or does it really not matter?

44K props, 4K posts

i really only visit the same few. most of the others i will drop in on if i see a new post, but rarely comment.
other than historical value, some of the old ones don't hold much weight
my .02

44K props, 6K posts

Was wondering the same thing Love. I only stop every so often when I get some time. I think they should be deactivated, hopefully it becomes easier to combat the spam bots.

137K props, 10K posts

Ok, so I cleaned up a bit. :p It's easier to look at IMO.

If you want anything brought back, let me know. There were some nostalgic threads I looked at before deactivating.

95K props, 5K posts

I thought the end was coming to the place. till i read this post. Thanks Love looks good,

137K props, 10K posts

Haha! I thought it might cause a panic. I'm still disoriented by it. :p

95K props, 5K posts

a little here. getting used to it

26K props, 12K posts

Holy moly, you gave me a heck of a spook right there. Give me a scare just in time for Halloween, huh?

28K props, 5K posts

I think its cool, these are usually the threads i look at anyways when i comeback. Man i wish this game would revive itself somehow.

28K props, 8K posts

Well we all do sand.

13K props, 4K posts

I've always felt like this is Love's website, she's literally out here doing the most. I like the cleanup, everything is more condensed so it doesn't seem as abandoned.

1,000M props, 3K posts

Hey old Homey's. This is the original Mayor DaMan, one of the founders of the site (along with Synjen). Even though we had to move on a bunch of years ago due to taking on new jobs, new parenting responsibilities... and life... I'm delighted and proud to see that some of you continue to meet up and chill. Things are good with me and I hope your lives are awesome in their own way. JenQ and I are still kicking' it. We've got two teenagers, two dogs, and busy lives. Working on this site continues to be one of my favorite experiences I've had in my career. I loved hangin' with all of you and I'm supa proud of the place we made (before smart phones existed!) As we roll into the end of 2019, I wanna wish all of you happy holidays, a funky new year, and I hope you achieve your dreams and goals in 2020! As always... Urb ON! DaMan!

44K props, 6K posts

Hi all! I was browsing through the Chronicles Admin screen and found some never before published articles.
I published them today! Go have a look! Its a little buggy and the articles are posting twice (can't figure out why).

95K props, 5K posts

holy BEEP, it was good to hear from the Mayor himself.

44K props, 4K posts

well at least that account hasn't been deleted! what a surprise! URB lives on...sort of

5K props, 2K posts

Thank you guys for everything, me and my cousin started this 11 years ago, buckethead and mermaidman, also known name xx__hamo__xx, we miss you all so much, all the og'S, we remember you all, much props comin' at ya!

26K props, 12K posts

Well heck, DaMan himself has come to grace us all. Ain't that something?

28K props, 5K posts

Hey guys hope you are all doing well. This questions is mainly for TheThing and Love_Child. This site runs on flash right? Whats going to happen when basically the main browsers like firefox, goole chrome, and internet explorer all stop using flash by the end of next year? Will battles even work? No one really battles anymore, but i mean at that point i feel like the whole game will be broken and this site will really only become a forum post site and the only way for the game to revive would be a completely new rework, which i doubt any gaming company out there will want to do. Hopefully they see this soon and we got a whole year to think of a solution!

28K props, 5K posts

Wait its DaMan! My posted question above is actually perfect for you. Thank you for checking in, please save us from the flash purge!

28K props, 8K posts

*Slips in sees that the original DaMan posted.* That's unexpected. Also sand I may not DaMan but I may not be DaMan but one thing we could do is possibly do like a cooperative comic along with the somehow remaking the game would be amazing. But getting everyone on the same page would be hard.

137K props, 10K posts

Holy Wow, DaMan! Good to see you drop in on us old nostalgic Urbs. Haha1 Glad you're doing great.

Buckethead and Mermaidman! Who can forget those names! Good to see you too!

Sand, yup, only the forums will work at that point. Actually, battles haven't worked properly in a long time anyway. The site owner is not interested in letting another company develop Urbaniacs in any shape or form. One would have to just program an entirely new game based on the concept and change up the characters, etc. I had held out some hope that the Urb-kids would grow up and learn programming to the point where this would be possible, but the years have been rolling by. Still, it's cool that we have such great memories here that we keep checking in.

137K props, 10K posts

Jay... the Chronicles gave me a good laugh. Oh goodness!

0 props, 3 posts

Can never forget this site honestly

0 props, 3 posts

And it’s amazing to hear from you LoveChild and Mayor himself personally , many memories

Hope everyone’s doing well in life
0/1000 characters